There’s not enough room in this blog to fully explain what special sort of lunatic Jason is. Riding a tandem recumbent with Guy Martin for 24hrs is just the tip of the bonkers iceberg.
Jason lives down the road in Prestwich and can often be found at ungodly o’clock in the morning rapidly riding on the hills around Ramsbottom.
3. Day job?
IT desk jockey.
4. What was your first mountain bike?
Some sort of Peugeot thing – 3 quid a week from my mum’s catalogue.
5. What bikes do you own currently?
Some fast ones, some newish ones, some slower-but-fun ones.
6. What is your favourite trail around Ramsbottom?
7. What is your favourite album? And/or favourite artist?
Apostrophe by Frank Zappa.
8. What was the best gig you’ve ever been to?
Ben Fold’s Five, Manchester Apollo, a couple of years ago. Oh, and Sleaford Mods a few weeks ago.
9. What’s your current tipple of choice?
I’m not much of a drinker, I might have the odd large scotch though. In reality I love beer, wine, spirits, whatever – it’s a constant struggle I tell thee.
10. Why do you ride bikes?
Not sure. Just do I suppose. They’re pretty cool aren’t they? And I like not being fat.
11. What does Northern Grip mean to you?
Loads of people riding bikes in Ramsbottom and staying up late. Thank God I don’t live there!
12. What are you looking forward to most about Northern Grip?
Meeting up with mates I hardly ever see in real life.
13. What else besides bikes are you interested in?
My kids, kayaking, caravanning.
14. What stupid rides have you got planned for 2016 then?
I’m heading to Sri Lanka (and out of my comfort zone) in the summer for a MTB stage race.
A 24 hour pedal car race.
A 24 hour MTB solo race near the south coast followed immediately by a ride to Andalusia.
The UK 24 hour nationals are in October. Pretty much everything I’m doing this year is prep for that.